Hotel Policy & Rules
(RULES TO BE OBSERVED BY GUESTS)
The Hotel Management requests that every guest comply with the Hotel Policy & Rules listed below in order to ensure a safe and pleasant stay in accordance with Article 11 of the“ Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts.”Please bear in mind especially that if these rules are not observed, we may have to refuse to offer accommodation and/or other facilities within the premises, and in some cases we may charge you for losses that have been incurred.
TO AVOID CAUSING FIRES
- Please refrain from smoking in places where fires may be easily caused (e.g. in bed) or places where there are no ashtrays.
- Please do not use/bring any appliances that could start a fire in the guest rooms.
- Please refrain from other actions that may cause fires.
- Please do not meddle with firefighting facilities, as it can compromise safety and security.
TO MAINTAIN PUBLIC PEACE AND SECURITY
- Upon arriving in your room, please examine the map on the back of the door for evacuation procedures.
- Please make sure that during your stay, your door is closed and locked when you leave your room.
- Only registered Guests are permitted to use thr guest rooms. Please do not invite visitors into your room. The Lobby and the Lounge are open to visitors who come to see you (the same applies for attendants working at banquets in the Hotel). To contact Guests, please use the house phone in the Lobby.
HANDLING OF VALUABLES, DEPOSITED AND LOST ARTICLES
- Please leave money and valuables in the safe provided in your room or at the Front Desk, with your name and address, for storage in a safety deposit box. Please note that tha name should be that of tha owner of the money or valuables. If a proxy is to deposit or withdraw items, the name and signature of the proxy are required. Safety deposit box keys may not be left at the Front Desk.
- Loss of a safety deposit box key shall result in the forfeit of the 16,200yen (Tax in) deposit due to the cost of changing the lock. please understand that it takes some time to open a safety deposit box without the key.
- Please bear in mind that the Hotel shall not be held liable for damage caused by loss of money of breakage of valuables, in cases where Guests have not deposited such items in the safe provided or at the Front Desk.
- Please pay for accommodation and other cahrges at the Front Desk with Japanese currency of by other means such as travellers’ cheques, coupons or credit cards that are recognized by the Hotel Management. Please pay at the time of your departure or upon request of the Hotel Management. In case payment is made by travellers’ cheques or credit cards, they shall be shown in advance at the time of registration.
- If payment is to be made in Japanese currency or by credit card, please note that payment of accommodation charges will occur upon check-in.
- Cheques other than travellers’ cheques (e.g. personal cheques) are not accepted. When signing for a bill in a bar or restaurant, please show your room key (the key card). The signature should be that of the person in whose name the room is registered under.
- In some cases you may be asked to make a deposit on your accommodation charges upon your arrival.
- Currency Exchanges are permitted at the Front Desk in the North and South Wings, and The Westin.
- Only overseas travellers staying in the Hotel can use the exchange service. Japanese nationals may not use this service.
- Only cash or travellers cheques in U.S. dollars, Euros, Australian dollars, Korean won, Thai baht, RMB, Hong Kong dollars, New Taiwan dollars, Singapore dollars may be exchanged.
- Please do not bring into the Hotel such articles that may disturb other Guests (dogs, cats, or other animals, etc.), heat emitting or explosive, malodorous material, articles liable to cause danger or other articles of which possession is prohibited by Japanese law.
- Please refrain from shouting, singing, or other loud activities, gambling, actions which may contravene with public morals or decorum, or other activities which may disturb other Guests.
- Please do not use guest rooms, the Lobby, or other facilities for business purposes (exhibition, advertisement, publicity, sales and others) without permission of the Hotel.
- Please do not tamper with facilities and equipment in the Hotels. Please use them for their proper use.
- Please do not display or leave articles in the window, on the balcony of your room, in the hallways, or in the Lobby.
- Please make sure that the water has stopped running after you use the tub or basin. If water is left overflowing, it may damage rooms next to yours and on the floor below. In such cases as mentioned above, Guests responsible will be required to pay compersation for damages and inconvenience to the Hotel.
- Please do not enter the Hotel wearing geta (wooden sandals), leathersoled sandals, roller skates, rollerblades or footwear equipped with wheels.
- We may refuse to offer accommodation to persons under age who intend to stay in the Hotel without the permission of their guardians.
- Please save electrictiy and water to conserve energy.
- Please note that when you make telephone call from your room, Facility and Utility Charges are added to your bill.
- The yukata (cotton bathrobes) provided are for in-room use only. Entry into restaurants whilst wearing slippers is not permitted.