Ride the gondola to the top of West Mountain and the Observation Deck, the 5 min trip offers a splendid view of the amusement park and far beyond.
Age Restriction: Age of 12 and up (children under 11 need to be accompanied by a guardian)
Height Restriction: None
Open Dates & Times 2017
Weekdays during 4/29-9/30 [9:00 – 16:30]
Weekends, Public Holidays during 4/29-9/30 (& 4/29-5/5, 9/19) [9:00 – 17:00]
10/1-10/16 (closed on 10/11-14 )[9:00 – 16:00]
*Sea of Clouds:
6/11-8/21 [5:30 – 6:30]
*Summer Vacation Sunset:
7/16-8/28[17:00 – sunset]
Stunning Panoramic Views
‘Sea of Clouds’
Witness the breath-taking ‘Sea of clouds’ (unkai in Japanese) as a low-lying cloud blankets the valley floor beneath the Yotei Observation Deck creating a beautiful weather phenomenon. Get up early and take a gondola ride through the ‘sea of clouds’ for an unforgettable experience.
Cable Car Shop
- Unlimited access to the Yotei Gondola is included with an amusement park ticket.
- In-house guests may purchase a ticket for JPY 1,200 (round trip).
- Tickets available from the main ticket office or base of the gondola station.
- Operating times vary depending on the season.
- Gondola service may suspended due to bad weather.
Note for Drone Operations
This notice applies to all parties interested in operating drones on Rusutsu Resort property/within and around the resort area.
Please note drone operations are NOT permitted in/around the Rusutsu Resort Area. Regarding press/media parties, pre-approved permission from the resort management is required for all drone operations.
Thank you for your understanding.