Ski & Snowboard School 2018-19
Improve your skills and boost confidence!
For winter 2018-19, advanced reservation is now available.
For personal feedback and specific attention, a private lesson is the best you can get.
Rusutsu Resort International Instructors teach private lessons exclusively to ensure you receive the highest quality instruction and make the most of your winter holiday.
- A One-on-One Private Lesson is the fastest way to improve!
- Tailor the lesson to suit your needs (select meeting point, break times)
- Take a lesson with up to 8 family and friends (similar ability essential).
- Choose what you want to work on!
- Be guided to the best places on the mountain.
- A wide range of lesson times and durations.
Price Guide 2018-19
- All lessons for guests age 4 years old and above.
- Full payment is required in advance to secure a booking.
- If a lesson cancels between 7 days to 48 hours in advance 20% of the lesson price will be charged.
- If a lesson is cancelled within 48 hours or no shows, the full lesson price will be charged.
- Any reduction in number of lessons, number of hours will constitute as a cancellation.
- Changes to lesson start time/date must be confirmed 24 hours in advance of the designated start time. For changes via email please allow 48 hours. All changes subject to availability.
- The lesson may be changed or cancelled if the ski area is closed due to operational or weather condition.
- Lesson cancellations due to bad weather will not be refunded. Lessons will only be refunded if less than 2 lifts are operational.
- Lessons will not be extended, rescheduled or refunded due to the late arrival of guests, for any reason.
- Lift ticket included with 1-3 hour, level one lesson during lesson time only.
- Prices do not include equipment (skis & snowboards) or lift tickets.
- Please note that rental shops and ticket office are in different locations. It will be crowded during busy periods, so allow time accordingly.
- It is the owner or borrower responsibility and obligation for any lost, stolen and damaged equipment during a lesson. Including lost lesson time or any replacement costs.
- Ski school reception phone line may be busy prior to lesson start.
- For special requests, please contact the Ski School directly.
- Private lessons are limited to the same ability level and discipline for more than 2 participants.
- Please make a reservation by 15:00 for Evening Lessons.
- Instructors will not supervise lunch breaks and lunch not included in private lessons.
Kids Group Lesson
New for winter 2018-19, this new group lesson for kids aged 7-14 where students can rapidly improve their ski technique, explore the mountain and make new friends. Our friendly instructors will create a fun and safe learning environment to ensure a memorable skiing experience.
A small group size (max 8 per group) and an experienced, friendly native English speaking instructor will create a fun, supportive atmosphere with personalised feedback. Students will have the opportunity to explore the Rusutsu ski area with new friends/classmates.
The Kid’s Group Lesson is available for kids of different skiing ability from first-timers up to advanced level. Highly skilled and experienced instructors will ensure kids are placed in the best ability group to challenge them and ensure they improve.
Lunch takes place at the Horn Cafeteria on West Mt where kids can enjoy some tasty Japanese food with a selection of menu options available. This is a great time for the group to take a break, bond and re-energize ready for the afternoon.
For lesson registration and other useful tips please visit Tips for parents page for more information.
- Season: Available daily from December 1st to February 28th.
- Ability Levels: First time, beginner, intermediate/advanced
- Meeting Point: South Wing Entrance
- Students should be ready with a lift ticket, ski equipment and suitable clothing; at the meeting point 5 minutes prior to lesson start time.
- Kid’s group lesson is available for kids aged 7-14 only.
- Lunch: included in full day lesson price (kids will eat with instructor)
- Please book your lesson at least 45 minutes prior to lesson start time.
- Students who arrive late (more than 30 minutes after lesson start time) cannot join the lesson and no refunds will be issued.
- There will be a 100% charge and no option to re-scheduled for “no-show”
- Ski & Snowboard Equipment/lift ticket not included in the lesson price.
- If a lesson is cancelled within 48 hours or no-shows, the full lesson price will be charged.
- Students with food allergies or dietary restrictions please inform ski school reception staff while checking-in for the lesson.
- Ski only (Snowboard Group Lessons are not available at this time)
- Customers are required to sign a waiver prior to guiding at check-in
- Guiding will focus on exploring the mountain, not tuition
- Suitable for strong intermediate or advanced customers only
- Helmet and avalanche set mandatory for safety reasons (rental available)
- Mainly lift accessed side country terrain
- Backcountry access/Shiribetsu-dake access is not possible.
- Lift ticket and rental equipment not included in guiding price.
- All mountain/Powder skis/snowboard recommended
How to book a lesson
For winter 2018-19, advanced reservation is now available, please contact the Ski & Snowboard School Reception to make a booking.
Rusutsu Ski & Snowboard School Reception
If you have any questions or require further advice, a member of staff will be happy to assist you.
Rusutsu Ski & Snowboard School Reception
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (available from October 1st, 2018)
Opening hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: South Wing