As a business operator handling personal information, Rusutsu Resort (hereinafter referred to as "the Resort"), which is operated by Kamori Kanko Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company"), recognizes the importance of personal information provided by customers and, in order to protect such information, shall properly handle it in accordance with the policy set forth below.
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information as handled by the Resort refers to personally identifiable information such as the names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, and other details included in information provided by customers using the Resort and/or its website.
Acquisition of Personal Information
Personal information of customers shall be acquired through lawful and fair means.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information acquired from customers shall be used for the following purposes. In some cases, personal information may be used for individual services not listed below. In such cases, notice to that effect shall be made on the website of such service or in an appropriate medium (i.e., mail magazine, etc.).
- For provision, confirmation, billing, and payment of services, products, etc. at facilities and hotels operated by the Company and Kamori Kanko Group (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Kamori Kanko Group").
- For distribution of notices regarding services, products, events, sales, campaigns, etc. implemented by facilities and hotels operated by Kamori Kanko Group via mail magazine, postal mail, telephone and other means.
- For confirmation of a customer's registration to various membership services at facilities and hotels operated by Kamori Kanko Group and provision of such services to various members at facilities and hotels operated by Kamori Kanko Group.
- For sending prizes and other rewards for sweepstakes and other contests operated by Kamori Kanko Group in which a customer has entered.
- For allowing facilities and hotels operated by Kamori Kanko Group to respond to comments and questions received from customers.
- For summarization of statistically processed personal information for use in improving the services provided by facilities and hotels operated by Kamori Kanko Group.
- For sending surveys to customers for the purpose of helping to improve services provided by facilities and hotels operated by Kamori Kanko Group.
- For important correspondence regarding products purchased at or services provided by facilities and hotels operated by Kamori Kanko Group.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
In addition to the cases mentioned above, the Resort may provide the least amount of necessary personal information of customers to a third party without obtaining consent in the following cases:
- In cases required by law.
- In cases where it is necessary to protect the life, health, property, rights, etc. of the customer and it is difficult to obtain their consent.
- In cases where it is necessary to cooperate with national or local public authorities to carry out public administrative business and obtaining the consent of the customer may interfere with the performance of such business.
- In cases where such information is provided to a third party in the form of non-personally identifiable statistical information for research and analysis designed to improve usage trends and/or services provided.
In order to provide services to customers, the Resort may outsource a portion of its business to an outside contractor and personal information may be provided to such contractor to the extent necessary to accomplish the uses outlined above. In such cases, the Resort shall execute an agreement regarding the handling of personal information with the outside contractor and carry out appropriate supervision.
Management of Personal Information
The Resort adheres to the contents stipulated in the laws concerning the protection of personal information and the guidelines regarding the protection of personal information pertaining to industries within the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism with regard to its handling of personal information. Furthermore, the Resort stipulates its own regulations for handling personal information, employs an administrator responsible for handling personal information, and continues to implement regular reviews of its compliance program and necessary employee education. Through these efforts, the Resort ensures personal information of customers is accurate and up-to-date and appropriate administration against issues such as the unauthorized use, loss, destruction, manipulation, and leakage of such personal information is implemented.
About Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, Addition, Suspension of Use, and Erasure
Any customer wishing to request the (1) disclosure, (2) correction, deletion, addition, or the (3) suspension of use or erasure of any personal information data held by the Resort should do so via the contact information below. If a request is received in the prescribed manner from the customer themselves, the Resort shall handle such request within a reasonable timeframe and scope after first confirming the identity of the requesting individual. However, in cases where there is a risk of harm to the life, health, or property of the customer or a third party, in cases where it would significantly interfere with the business of the Resort, or in cases where it would result in the violation of any other laws or regulations, the Resort may refuse such request in whole or in part. Furthermore, please understand that the Resort may become unable to provide services in accordance with expectations as a result of suspension of use or erasure before making any such requests.
Please direct any inquiries to:
Izumikawa 13, Rusutsu, Abuta District, Hokkaido
Last revised on: April 10, 2015
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
- BookingSuite: Your personal data may be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company which operates this website and the website suite.booking.com.